Client Spotlight: Thompson Street Farm and Farm to Bath, LLC.
Aquapioneer: Brenda Sullivan, Thompson Street Farm
Years in Operation: December 2013-Present
System Hardware: Hybrid system, two 4’x3’ media beds, 1 4’x16’ DWC bed, 275 Gallon IBC (Fish) Tank
Fish Grown: Koi, Tilapia
Plants Grown: Lavender, Lettuce Mix, Rosemary, Basil, Tulsi, Heirloom Tomatoes, Parsley, and Lemon Verbena
What is her favorite plant to grow?
Lemon Verbenea, it’s a great scent for my Farm to Bath soap line.
What are the main benefits of her system?
- Hybrid Design allows her to grow more while still producing volume in a small space.
- One pump design offers maximum efficiency and uses gravity wherever possible to move water.
- IBC fish tank provides large aquaculture area and a small price point.
- Varied raft designs offer maximum plant production per raft and allows plants grow quickly through every growth stage.
- Media beds offer excellent microbial home and increase system health while minimizing upkeep.
“I love my new system! Thank you [Trifecta Ecosystems] for building this system here at Thompson Street Farm. I’ve begun sprouting 50 heads of lettuce and several varieties of herbs to grow in the media beds.”