Client Spotlight: Trifecta Ecosystems at Robb’s Farm and Ice Cream Shoppe.
Aquapioneer: Kieran Foran
Years in Operation: November 2013- April 2016
System Hardware: Commercial DWC System: 1000 gallon Fish Tank, 500 sqft DWC beds with 65 2’x4’ rafts, 1x 55 gallon Biofilter, and 1x 3’x4′ Media Bed.
Fish Grown: Koi
Plants Grown: Salanova Lettuce Varieties, Mesclun Mix, Malabar Spinach, Genovese Basil, Heirloom Tomatoes, Cilantro, Parsley, Purslane, Sage, Oregano, Thyme, and Rosemary.
What is his favorite plant to eat? Red Butter Leaf
“Growing your own food is empowering enough but growing food for others… That was special. Seeing that first system at Robb’s Farm come to fruition was a testament to our dedication to see our vision through. Watching it thrive gave us the confidence to blaze forward.”
What are the main benefits of the system?
- One-pump design uses gravity to efficiently move water throughout the system.
- DWC design allows for “assembly line” production minimizing labor.
- Raft designs allows for maximum plant coverage at every stage of growth.
- Innovative design and resourcefulness saves thousands in upfront costs.
- Great showcase for modernizing traditional farming methods.