Client Spotlight: CREC Academy of Aerospace and Engineering (CREC AAE)
Aquapioneer: Janice Mooney-Frank
Years in Operation: October 15, 2015 – Present
System Hardware: Prototype aGrow. Two 20 gallon fish tanks connected and a 2’x3′ Media Bed.
Fish Grown: Koi
Plants Grown: Mint, basil, radish, microgreens, lettuce, tomato, peas, and venus fly trap.
What is her favorite plant to eat:? Sage
“ At our school our motto is every teacher is a science teacher”
What are the main benefits of her system?
- Teachers can bring their students out to see the system.
- Students begin to understand the differences between soil and aquaponic growing.
- Aquaponic media beds allow them to grow any plant that they also grow in soil.
- Teachers and students are able to taste the herbs and greens and compare with soil grown.
- Compact, elegant design adds a unique ambiance to the entrance foyer, making the school more attractive to prospective students and parents.