The City that Feeds Itself Initiative: Workshop 2 of 4
The CFI initiative’s goal is to cultivate a new wave of urban farmers to grow food for their communities for food and job security. Over the course of May and June, we will hold four (4) workshops. The goal of the workshops is to get you and your community’s feedback on the best way to integrate an urban farm into the community. The end result of these workshops will be an action plan to be used in the buildout of this facility!
This workshop, held at the Hartford Public Library, is the second of four workshops in the series.
During this workshop, we’ll explore:
- Introduce different growing systems, equipment options, and design considerations
- Where a growing operation like this could be placed in the neighborhood – (building requirements).
- Compare and contrast traditional farming with indoor, controlled environment agriculture.
- Gain the ability to conceptualize the benefits of strong urban farming for you and your community.
- Retain key challenges and best practices related to distribution of goods – this will be tied to Marketing tactics covered in workshop 4, and more!
Food and beverages will be provided.
Workshop 3 – 6/2
Workshop 4 – 6/9
Come join the discussion!