The City that Feeds Itself Initiative: Workshop 1 of 4
The CFI initiative’s goal is to cultivate a new wave of urban farmers to grow food for their communities for food and job security. Over the course of May and June, we will hold four (4) workshops. The goal of the workshops is to get the community’s feedback on the best way to integrate an urban farm into their community. The end result of these workshops will be an action plan to be used in the buildout of this facility!
This workshop, held at the Studio @ Billings Forge, is the first of four workshops in the series.
During this workshop, we’ll explore:
- What is the City that Feeds Itself initiative?
- What is the urban food ecosystem?
- What are the different forms an urban farm can take?
- What does Hartford’s food system look like?
- Who makes up the Hartford food ecosystem?
- and more!!
Food and beverages will be provided courtesy of The Kitchen @ Billings Forge
Workshop 1 – 5/12
Workshop 2 – 5/19
Workshop 3 – 6/2
Workshop 4 – 6/9
Come join the discussion!